1934 Alice in Jails: Streets is the ninth volume of the Baccano! series.
It was published on December 10, 2006 and is 376 pages long.
The year 1934.
All kinds of strange people are gathering in Chicago-the newspaper's vice-president and young camerawoman, a bizarre group moving on Huey's orders, a wrecker with ties to the Russos, a researcher who works for a certain company there, and even a "vampire" and his friend. Things are gearing up for another great commotion in the Windy City...
- Regarding Lamia
- Regarding Christopher
- Regarding Graham
- Regarding Renee
- Epilogue II: The Triumphal Return of the Vice President
- Chapter 1: Mistimed Prologues
- Prologue V—Miscreant Formation
- Prologue VI—The Mafia Returns
- Prologue VII—Unnatural Blessings
- Chapter 2: Misdirected Hysteria
- Interlude I: Mischief Below Alcatraz Island
- Chapter 3: A Misaimed Square Hit
- Chapter 4: Misfits Outside the City
- Linking Chapter: Misperceptions and Information
- Digression: Can't Miss
- The title of the volume is a reference to the band Alice in Chains.